Akron starts producing pellet!
07 October 2021
Rising concerns linked to the animal health and the growing awareness of the benefits of admixtures for feed have led Akron to a growth but also to continuous significant investments in the development of innovative technologies for the production plants and of high-quality feed in various forms.
Hence, the choice of the purchase of a pellet mill, one of the most important machines in the industrial production, which is used to produce pelleted feed for animals.
Pelleting: it is based on the transformation of the processed feed in a solid compound called pellet, which is typically rod-shaped of variable size, depending on the animal’s age and species. This physical transformation has many advantages, among which the densification of the feed (around 40%) that results in an increase in storage capacity, reduction in transport costs and emissions of dust, better feed conservation.
The advantages of the pelleted feed are:
1) Heat generated in the conditioning and transformation processes into pellet makes the food more digestible, breaking down the yeasts.
2) The palatability of feed increases.
3) Thanks to a mixing, manipulation and feeding process, you prevent the separation of the ingredients. If you feed the animals with pellet, they are more likely to receive a mixed ration.
4) During the feeding process, waste is reduced to a minimum. When the animals are fed with pellet, they receive a more balanced diet since they can collect and choose among the ingredients.
5) The density increases, and this increases the storage capacity in most structures. Furthermore, the shipping facility are optimized, thus reducing the transport costs.
6) The pelleted food reduces the losses of product because it limits the formation of dust.
7) The time and the consumption of energy for the feed pressing decrease and so do the emissions with the adaptation to the principle of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).